Benefits of Yoga
We've teamed up with activewear brand Asquith, to bring you an amazing competition and prize. Enter Here!
With the finest quality pieces made ethically in Europe with organic Cotton, Asquith's eco performance fabrics won't fade, bobble or contain nasty chemicals. Designed for yoga, Pilates and comfortable living, Asquith’s elegant but functional activewear will take you straight from street to studio. We think our accessories make the perfect dream team!
This amazing brand have also written this weeks lovely blog about all the key benefits of yoga. Enjoy!
You have heard how great yoga is at toning muscles and building strength, but do you know the many other positive benefits that yoga can have on your everyday life?
- Improves flexibility; you will be touching your toes in no time.
- Builds muscle strength; Yoga builds core strength and stronger muscles, which can help to protect us from conditions such as back pain and arthritis.
- Perfects your posture and improves your balance; Practice makes perfect. You will be standing taller and stronger in no time.
- Increases blood flow; Yoga gets the blood flowing, which is great for circulation.
- Stimulates the lymph glands, which can help to boost the immune system and fight toxicity in the body.
- Increases your heart rate improving cardiovascular health; It’s a great way to work up a sweat!
- Drops blood pressure; Yoga means less stress, which means a decrease in blood pressure.
- Calms the adrenal glands and lowers blood sugar; Yoga lowers cortisol levels helping to calm the almost always-overworked adrenal glands.
- Helps you to focus; by practicing staying focused and in the moment in yoga we are able to stay more focused in our day-to-day lives.
- Releases tension and relax the body and the mind by encouraging you to relax, take deep breaths and stay present.
- Helps you to sleep better by reducing cortisol levels and encouraging deep relaxation.
- Eases pain by helping to reduce inflammation.
- Gives you inner strength and builds awareness and connections with others and your higher self.
Last but not least... Yoga makes you happier! It releases endorphins and helps you to feel happy and healthy. What could be a better reason to get on the mat?
Just to say a thank you to all our wonderful readers, we would also like to offer you an exclusive 20% off our Spring Summer'17 collection, simply enter code BOHOBETTY20 at check out.